Join a team that provides the highest customer support experience through standard operating procedures, well-developed support tools, and customer service-focused support staff.
We are accountable to each other and believe in the power of hard work directed at the right thing. We know that our industry doesn’t stay the same, and if we don’t increase our value to clients, someone else will. We are open-minded and candid with each other so we can find out what is true and consider alternative viewpoints. We believe in creating and using well-documented systems.
What is this Position?
As a Professional Services Technician, you will help design and implement reliable technical IT infrastructure as part of our Professional Services team, including complex server, networking, and application solutions. You will also be involved in escalated troubleshooting that is unable to be resolved on the support desk, including business software, endpoint hardware, and infrastructure outages. You will go to Client sites and interact directly with key client contacts.
Professional service positions are an essential part of our service offering because of how directly it interacts with clients, including business owners. How well we implement new solutions has a direct impact on the client’s experience and how effective we can be in supporting the solution over the long term.
The typical range of activities includes migrating applications to new hardware or cloud services, remediating infrastructure failures in person, and installing and replacing infrastructure like servers, switches, access points, firewalls, and workstations.
This position is best for people who have a fundamental understanding of a wide array of technologies and want to use that skill to support small businesses with their entire technology stack in mind. You will have variety in the work and as a result, will need to have a broad base of technical knowledge to work effectively.
Fanatically good documentation, thoroughness, and attention to detail are critical to delivering good outcomes. The activities of this role directly impact the efficiency and capabilities of all other teams. You must be following procedures exactly, updating them, or creating them.
You must have good customer service skills and genuinely enjoy interacting with other people. If you prefer the nuts and bolts without social interaction, this is not the job for you. But if you want the satisfaction of helping other people and meeting a need that they have, you will probably do well in this role.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Provide onsite end-user support, project delivery, and assist the proactive services team with onsite visits as needed.
- Communicate improvements that can be made to a client’s environment to the vCIO.
- Identify, test, deliver, and document new technology solutions to clients.
- Assist with onboarding new clients, including the documentation of complex organizational workflows, networks, and application configurations.
- Follow procedures to deliver customer technology solutions in a consistent, methodical, and standardized way. If a procedure does not exist, create it while performing the task. Identify improvements that need to be made to those procedures and update them while performing the work.
- Have a get-it-done attitude, especially while onsite. There is a set time limit to get the required activity completed, and often we are not able to come back the next day. Being able to operate comfortably in a fast-paced environment, while potentially being observed by a client is critical to this role.
- Ensure that appropriate monitoring, issue alerting, and backups are configured for all newly installed technology.
- May be required to perform scheduled and unscheduled work after hours, including upgrades, infrastructure changes, and critical client requests.
- You will be part of a weeklong on-call rotation. This is typically once every 1.5-2 months.
- Create and discuss recommendations in technical process, service delivery solutions, and operations during weekly Level10 meetings (based on EOS model).
- Reprioritize regularly and work on the highest priority item.
- Act as the next level of support for escalated issues from the service desk and proactive service team, as needed, to ensure the most effective and efficient resolution to customer issues.
- Follow documented start and end of day routines.
- Account for all time and detailed accounts of work in our ticket and time management application, Autotask.
- Diligently document your work.
- Meet key performance indicators to ensure customer satisfaction and efficiency.
What Skills & Abilities are Needed?
- Professionally interact with client owners and executives. Clients will judge our service by the professionalism and ability displayed by our team.
- Show a strong initiative to move projects forward and manage time and resources effectively.
- Be able to design, manage, and deliver projects.
- Manage and regularly update all tickets assigned to you.
- Be naturally curious with good troubleshooting skills, continue to ask why until you get to the root cause, and continue to tackle the problem from different angles until a solution is found. You should be comfortable figuring it out on your own most of the time, even if you have never seen a particular problem before. Good instincts and research skills are helpful here.
- Be able to lift at least 70lbs following proper lifting techniques.
- Gather issue information and create an effective resolution plan.
- Be focused on providing the highest quality customer experience.
- Work independently or in teams, manage a full schedule, and seek new tasks with minimal oversight.
- Respect customer productivity and limit the impact of disruptive tasks.
- Prioritize and manage a dynamic workload while working in an orderly manner.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills via oral and written means.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through on all work without management follow-up.
- Be an avid learner and continuously engage with new and existing technologies to stay sharp on industry trends.
- Be focused on providing the highest quality customer experience.
- Possess a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and enthusiasm.
- Be an avid learner and continuously engage with new and existing technologies.
- Work in a team setting and be able to interact with the various other service delivery and administrative departments within the organization.
What Education & Experience is Needed?
- This is a mid-level to expert-level position for candidates with either a technical degree, relevant bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience.
- Three to five years of prior IT support experience in either field service, help desk, or network administration positions.
- Having prior customer service positions is helpful.
- Having prior experience at an MSP is helpful.
- Relevant hardware, software, and technology vendor certifications like CompTIA, Fortinet NSE, and Microsoft are a plus.
- Active Directory administration skills are required.
- Azure and Office 365 administration skills are required.
- Understanding of networking used in small businesses.
- Advanced experience with cloud-based business-grade applications and productivity platforms is required.
- Experience with using and supporting Windows and Mac operating systems is required.
- Experience with cloud-based business-grade applications and productivity platforms is preferred.
- Have a fundamental understanding of a wide array of technologies. At a minimum, you will be asked to work with the following technologies: Traditional and Azure Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RAID, Routers, VLANs, SSL VPN, IPSEC VPNs, Group Policy, Azure, AWS, Office 365, SMTP, RDP, and a wide array of data backup software and hardware.
What are the Hours & Where is it?
- Professional Service Technicians work 8-5 M-F in the Cranberry office most of the time. This is not a work-from-home position.
- All technical resources also provide after-hours on-call technical coverage on a week-long rotating basis.
- Must be able to work remotely if the office becomes unavailable.
What are the Benefits?
- Competitive salary with growth potential.
- Vacation & sick time.
- Paid Holidays.
- Retirement Plan with 3% match.
- 100% Paid Premium Healthcare Plan for you.
- Other supplemental benefits like cell phone plan support, gym memberships, and other healthy lifestyle incentives.
If you are an energetic people person with deep curiosity, and you have the desire to be a part of a growing team where your voice can be heard, this opportunity may be for you.