Join a team that provides the highest customer support experience through standard operating procedures, well-developed support tools, and customer service-focused support staff.
We are accountable to each other and believe in the power of hard work directed at the right thing. We know that our industry doesn’t stay the same, and if we don’t increase our value to clients, someone else will. We are open-minded and candid with each other to find out what is true and consider alternative viewpoints. We believe in creating and using well-documented systems.
What is this Position?
As a Service Desk Technical Lead & Manager, you will primarily oversee the service desk. You will manage reactive tickets as a whole and confirm that we are aggressively closing tickets, setting appropriate expectations with customers, and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
This position is best for people who have a fundamental understanding of a wide array of technologies and want to use that skill to support small businesses with their entire technology stack in mind. You will have variety in work and need to have a broad base of technical knowledge to work effectively.
Fanatically good documentation, thoroughness, and attention to detail are critical to delivering good outcomes. The activities of this role directly impact the efficiency and capabilities of all other service delivery departments. You must be following procedures exactly, updating them, or creating them.
You must have good customer service skills and genuinely enjoy interacting with others. This is not the job for you if you prefer the nuts and bolts without social interaction. But if you want satisfaction in helping other people and meeting their needs, you will probably do well in this role.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Act as the primary escalation point for service desk tickets in the following ways: technical challenge, to evaluate the ticket for professional services work, or due to overflow.
- Train and improve the skills of reactive team members.
- Lead the service desk team. Other members of the team will report to you.
- Regularly review helpdesk tickets to confirm we are aggressive in finding and fixing the root cause of the problem. Tickets should remain under 10 per dedicated reactive resource.
- Regularly look for tickets with slow response times or progression to move them along.
- Provide primary support during the early morning from 6am-8am.
- Review and respond to Q/A requests from team members in any department.
- Assist with projects as time allows.
- Create and discuss recommendations for process improvements during weekly meetings.
- Reprioritize regularly and work on the highest priority item at all times.
- Follow documented start and end-of-day routines.
- Account for all time with detailed notes in our ticket and time management application.
- Follow and update written procedures. Create a procedure if it does not exist.
- Diligently document your work.
What Skills & Abilities are Needed?
- Be naturally curious with good troubleshooting skills, continue to ask why until you get to the root cause, and continue to tackle the problem from different angles until a solution is found. You should be comfortable figuring it out independently, even if you have never seen a particular issue before. Good instincts and research skills are helpful here.
- Be focused on providing the highest quality customer experience.
- Work independently or in teams, manage a full schedule, and seek new tasks with minimal oversight.
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills via oral and written means.
- Have strong attention to detail and follow through on all work without management follow-up.
- Be an avid learner and continuously engage with new and existing technologies.
- Focus on providing the highest quality customer support experience.
- Possess a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and enthusiasm.
What Education & Experience is Needed?
- This is an expert-level position for candidates with a bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- 10 years of prior IT support experience in either field service, help desk, or network administration positions.
- Having prior customer service positions is helpful.
- Having prior experience at an MSP is helpful.
- Relevant hardware, software, and technology vendor certifications like CompTIA, Fortinet NSE, and Microsoft are a plus.
- Active Directory administration skills are required.
- Microsoft 365 administration skills are required.
- Understanding of networking used in small businesses.
- Experience with using and supporting workstation-based Windows, macOS, and Unix/Linux-based operating systems.
- Experience with cloud-based business-grade applications and productivity platforms.
- Have a fundamental understanding of a wide array of technologies. At a minimum, you will be asked to work with the following technologies: Traditional and Azure Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RAID, Routers, VLAN’s, SSL VPN, IPSEC VPN’s, Group Policy, Azure, AWS, Office 365, SMTP, RDP, and a wide array of data backup software and hardware.
What are the Hours & Where is it?
8am-5pm Monday through Friday.
All technical resources also provide after-hours on-call technical coverage on a week-long rotating basis.
Must be able to work remotely if the office becomes unavailable.
What are the Benefits?
- Competitive salary with growth potential.
- Vacation & sick time.
- Paid Holidays.
- Retirement Plan with 3% match.
- 100% Paid Premium Healthcare Plan for you.
- Other supplemental benefits like cell phone plan support, gym memberships, and other healthy lifestyle incentives.
If you are an energetic people person with deep curiosity, and you have the desire to be a part of a growing team where your voice can be heard, this opportunity may be for you.